Thursday, May 6, 2010

That's Hot

No, this is not a post about Paris Hilton! This really is not funny at all. Beau was burned the other day at the baby sitters. She was making lunch on the stove top while the oven was on. The kids were all playing in the other room but Beau came into the kitchen. He was trying to get Joyce so she stuck her leg out in an attempt to block him from coming to close to the stove. While she did that he reached out and grabbed the door to the oven. The oven was closed but his little fingers fit in the side of the door and he got burned.

So she called to tell me what had happened and sent me a picture of his fingers as they were blistering so that I could decide what I needed to do for him. I called my mom and sent her the picture and we decided that I needed to call the doctor. They wanted to see him, so I went and got the boys and took him in to the Doc. She took a look at it and said that I need to keep it clean and re bandage it everyday. I have to take him back in for a follow up visit tomorrow.

He really is being a trooper considering his hand has to be so bandaged up. He tries to pick the blisters so I have to be creative in my bandaging. I am hoping that his blisters do not pop and get infected.

The Blisters and bandaging
click on the picture to enlarge it

3 comments:

  1. oh, they look sooo sore! let me know after his check-up how things are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy!! There's nothing worse than a burn!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is sad. I hope Beau's hand gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete